Katie Stofer is Research Assistant Professor and Extension Specialist for STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) Education and Outreach in the Department of Agricultural Education and Communication at the University of Florida. She studies public engagement with science, particularly what makes public engagement effective for both scientists and various publics, and designs new models of public engagement. To contact Katie, use stofer [at] ufl [dot] edu or call (352) 273-3690
Posts by Katie Stofer:
- Do you know a farmer … a scientist … a military member? Maybe not. But it matters, especially for inspiring youth to pursue STEM careers.
- Looking for a career in public engagement with science in or out of academia?
- The joy and pain of online survey #research with Amazon Mechanical Turk …
- $58 million … is it a lot or not?
- What is creativity and innovation, and who is creative or innovative in their work? (hint: it’s more than just artists, and creativity isn’t just about the final product)
- talk science with me – orientation videos for public engagement with science
- Why I work to get more everyday people and scientists engaged with each other: Inspiration from Seth Godin for #sciengage
- @AAAS says likely industry won’t fill funding gaps if federal funding for R&D is cut
- Welcome back reminder: #AgSTEM #STEMed frameworks document
- #Citizenscience redux and video